Mule Deer your 100 % right ,i read about how well Berger bullets always worked and no one much ever said anything about velocity and after 2 years whitetail hunting with 25 caliber 115 Berger VLD hunting bullets out of son`s and my rifle both are Ruger #1`s 257 Weatherby mags. shooting around 3500 - 3600 FPS. we have had spectacular kills on some bucks but one buck " dressed 225 lbs." this fall 2021 ran about 75 yards in a thick Tamarac swamp with no blood trail ,was a 100 yard shot ,hit back of shoulder blade blew up and the bullet pieces did destroy buck`s lungs and all blood stayed inside bucks cavity and did not reach into other side rib cage so no blood trail - none. these bullets are very accurate and like you have stated in lower speed cartridges these Berger bullets probably do work well. but for our 257 Weatherby mag cartridges and other higher speed cartridges you are very right. i never had any problems with Nosler partitions or Swift A-Frames on any buck in the past with these brand bullets ,another bullet i just received in the mail is Hammer bullets 25 caliber 103 gr. because most of my 257 Weatherby mag rifles are 1-10 twist is why i need these lighter grain bullets. will i use these Berger bullets again only in my families 257 Robert rifles from now on .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman