Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I've never had a bang- flop with a Barnes bullet. Seems to take them a while to bleed. Lots of bang- flops with Berger. That said, they have their place.

Bergers blow up - that's what they do. If you get lucky, they blow up in such a way the animal goes down fast. If you get unlucky, they blow up in such a way you never see the animal again.

Is your hunting plan to depend on luck?

I've killed way too many animals with them to say they " blow up".
They have such a sharp meplat that they typically penetrate well into vitals before "blowing up".
I've never seen one blow up on the surface. I have seen it with Amax, Sierra match kings and a few others.

If you're hunting timber with Bergers you're using the wrong bullet. Better bullets for saving meat. If you want to swat one down, the Bergers are very reliable at this.

Like I've said, I've killed/ seen killed way too many head to think otherwise.

Dennis,

Sort of wondering why you don't like Bergers in the timber.

Like you I have never seen one blow up or fail to penetrate in hundreds of critters from very close to 4 digits on the range finder.

To the guys who don't have experience the termial performance of the Berger is the main feature, accuracy and high BC are just the icing on the cake.

That said don't buy any so they can catch up with the demand.

Thanks.

Dollar to a dime the nay-sayers have never even loaded a Berger bullet. I've seen the 6.5mm 140 grain (started at 3200 fps from a 264 WM) do some things that most people wouldn't believe, including a 25 yard quartering to shot on a big Bull Elk, one and done. he piled up about 10 yards away. Oh well, more for us to buy!

Last edited by 2five7; 01/28/22.