last year 2020 i killed a huge whitetail buck and a normal nice buck also found both bucks easy using Berger bullets , these Berger bullets did blow up but went thru both northern Minnesota bucks. 2021 opener weekend my son shot another Minnesota huge buck " dressed 225 lbs. " but bullet blew up on the back of the front shoulder blade facing my son bullet fragments did kill the buck quickly ,no blood trail because bullet parts did not exit ,buck fell over about 75 yards away in thick tamarack swamp ,took us awhile to find him. we use 257 Weatherby mags. 115 gr. Berger VLD hunting bullets all 3 of these bucks the last buck was shot around 100 yards away. I do kinda wonder about Berger bullet some now , never had a problem with exit with Nosler partitions with my 257 Weatherby mags. with bullet exit and blood trails in the past on deer , i always used Nosler partitions for elk so i don`t have any experience shooting elk with a Berger bullet . > would i elk hunt with Berger bullets if i go elk hunting again nope not me going back to old reliable Nosler partition for deer and even elk, but that`s just me . good luck to all no matter what bullet you use or like ,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman