I haven't looked at factory ammo prices for awhile, but wasn't surprised that they would spike when the anti-gun Democratic Party came into power.

The last factory ammo that I bought was 200 rounds of Winchester/Olin 6.5 CM 125 grain Deer Season XP back in 02/21 for $223.20 including 7% sales tax. IIRC, the ammo case was full of a wide variety of common CF, RF, and shotgun ammo, so buying 10 boxes hardly put a dent in the inventory. The last time that I was in that WM there were less than 10 boxes of ammo in the case in total.

Plan ahead, buy ammo when it is available and fairly priced. I keep a dedicated stock of ammo for each CF rifle, 100 rounds for huting rifles and 300 round for colony varmint rifles. If I didn't reload and I only had a few different rifles to feed, I might keep more ammo for each rifle around and replace it as I used it so as to keep the on-hand inventory at pre-determined levels.

I learned my lesson about factory ammo after the 12/12 CT school shooting. I could seldom find 17HM2 ammo anywhere for the next 5 years, 2013 thru 2018. The only good things about it were that I had a few thousand rounds of 17HM2 ammo on-hand, so I could hunt with my 17HM2s, and lots of people who hadn't kept a supploy of ammo on-hand were selling the rifles chambered in 17HM2 at a discount. I bought my Anschutz 1502 and Remington 504 toward the end of the ammo shortage, in 2018, for around 2/3 of what they would have sold for if ammo had been easily available. If you embrace the mechanized infrantryman's mantra of "better to have and not need thant to need and not have" you'll generally be OK.