Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by 260madman
That’s a hard mantra to follow for a lot “hunters”. I told a family member to keep 5 boxes of ammo on hand for every rifle he owns. He didn’t take my advice and was down to 3 rounds of 243 and 7 of 270gay. I found him some online and the price was very good but do you think he ordered more than 2 boxes? Nope.

Another of those "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink" things.

I have seen it happen time and again. I had a guy show up at the range awhile back to check the zero on his Remington 742 in 30-06 who had 10 rounds of mixed ammo, different brands but the same bullet weight, plus the screws in his base were loose, plus there was a year's worth of dust built up on the objective lens of his scope such that it looked "foggy". I tightened the screws on his base, bore sighted it with a collunmator, and cleaned the lenses on his 40 year old Bushnell Banner 3-9x40. He used the 6 rounds of Remington and Winchester to zero the scope, leaving him with 4 rounds of Federal to hunt with. I didn't have any 150 grain 30-06 factory ammo, just 165 and 180 grain, so I couldn't help him.

I have very little patience or sympathy for anyone who doesn't plan ahead at least a little. If you actively fail to plan, you are passively planning to fail, right? Make a list, check it twice, and check it more than a day before openning day of the season.

[u][/u]

Right! Well said.

ttpoz

in silvam ne ligna feras
(don't carry logs into the forest)