Originally Posted by 260madman
That’s a hard mantra to follow for a lot “hunters”. I told a family member to keep 5 boxes of ammo on hand for every rifle he owns. He didn’t take my advice and was down to 3 rounds of 243 and 7 of 270gay. I found him some online and the price was very good but do you think he ordered more than 2 boxes? Nope.

Friend of mine messaged me the day before deer season opened, and said a client of his had called and was in need of 30-06 ammo. The guy had only had 3 rounds for his rifle, and wanted to know if anyone had some they'd sell, so he could go hunting.

I messaged him back the following reply.........1, I don't own a 30-06, so I don't have any ammo. 2, a local store had a box yesterday, and Rural King had some earlier in the week. 3, anyone who waits until the day before deer season to get their rifle out of the safe and finds they only have 3 shells for it, should just put the rifle back in the safe, as that's pretty pizz poor planning, and it's evident the person is not very serious about hunting.

I didn't get a reply, which I didn't really expect to.