Hi Guys:

I am trying to avoid the "what's the best 1911" question, but ...

I like Dan Wessons. I think DW is about the best bang for the buck 1911, all things considered. YMMV, of course, but that's my take. I really like my Commander Classic, although I would have preferred a VBOB. Were I able to purchase more Dan Wessons in Cali, I'd probably knock off a full-size Valor in .45 ACP, a 10mm Razorback, and a Guardian ... maybe in .38 Super or 9mm. But alas as a California resident, there is a grand total of TWO (2), dos, deux, DW 1911 models on our "approved handgun roster," the aforementioned Commander Classic, which I own, and the Pointman 7, which does not interest me so much. As such, it looks like I am Dan Wessoned out. Sucks.

So I've been hankering for a quality 5-inch 1911 .45 ACP, and since the DW Valor is out, I have been sniffing at some of the higher end stuff for a "one and done" grinlaugh California compliant model that will make me forget the Valor I would otherwise buy ... even if it costs me.

So now, the question (feel free to suggest other models ... this is where my attention is at the moment):

Les Baer Premier II: $2312

[Linked Image from budsgunshop.com]

or

Les Baer Custom Carry: $2323

[Linked Image from lesbaer.com]

Wilson Combat CQB: $3050

[Linked Image from wilsoncombat.com]

Ed Brown California Special Forces: $3495

[Linked Image from edbrown.com]

Nighthawk GRP: $3499

[Linked Image from nighthawkcustom.com]

or

Nighthawk Talon: $3999 (Yeeouch)

[Linked Image from nighthawkcustom.com]

I plan on handling every one of these.

All ears here, and thanks in advance ...

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine