I have a friend who (1) is legally blind, and (2) likes high-end 1911's. He likes to shoot but can't see well enough to zero them or determine their accuracy. I "help" him by shooting his guns for him--I'm just a good guy who's willing to help a buddy! smile Hence, I have shot quite a few Nighthawks, Ed Brown's, and Wilson Combat's . I also used to shoot bowling pins with a bunch of guys who own a wide variety of 1911's. Naturally we shoot each other's guns to see what we like.

Anyhoo...compared to production guns (Colts, Kimbers, Springfields, Rugers, etc.) there just isn't any difference in performance. Making a functional 1911 isn't exactly a secret or even difficult. The custom shops make beautiful guns for sure, but they don't outperform production guns in either accuracy or reliability.

My two cents (and I'm sure I'll get change back) is this: handle them and buy the one that resonates with you, the one that makes you smile. Get the one you love looking at, that fits your hand, and makes you feel incomplete when you put it down. That's what you're paying for--not an advantage in accuracy or functionality.

Good luck! Be sure to post pics!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.