Originally Posted by RickBin
Hi Guys:

I am trying to avoid the "what's the best 1911" question, but ...

I like Dan Wessons. I think DW is about the best bang for the buck 1911, all things considered. YMMV, of course, but that's my take. I really like my Commander Classic, although I would have preferred a VBOB. Were I able to purchase more Dan Wessons in Cali, I'd probably knock off a full-size Valor in .45 ACP, a 10mm Razorback, and a Guardian ... maybe in .38 Super or 9mm. But alas as a California resident, there is a grand total of TWO (2), dos, deux, DW 1911 models on our "approved handgun roster," the aforementioned Commander Classic, which I own, and the Pointman 7, which does not interest me so much. As such, it looks like I am Dan Wessoned out. Sucks.

So I've been hankering for a quality 5-inch 1911 .45 ACP, and since the DW Valor is out, I have been sniffing at some of the higher end stuff for a "one and done" grinlaugh California compliant model that will make me forget the Valor I would otherwise buy ... even if it costs me.

So now, the question (feel free to suggest other models ... this is where my attention is at the moment):

Les Baer Premier II: $2312

[Linked Image from budsgunshop.com]

or

Les Baer Custom Carry: $2323

[Linked Image from lesbaer.com]

Wilson Combat CQB: $3050

[Linked Image from wilsoncombat.com]

Ed Brown California Special Forces: $3495

[Linked Image from edbrown.com]

Nighthawk GRP: $3499

[Linked Image from nighthawkcustom.com]

or

Nighthawk Talon: $3999 (Yeeouch)

[Linked Image from nighthawkcustom.com]

I plan on handling every one of these.

All ears here, and thanks in advance ...

Ive literally owned them all. I would say les baer above all else minus one. I had a night hawk talon built and it was hands down the finest most accurate 1911 ive ever owner or seen. Regret selling it. My list in order goes nh talon, any of the les baers mentioned above, ed brown being a close second and wilson last. The 2 wilsons i owned were the least accurate and juat didnt do much for my tastes