Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I traded for this Les Baer some time back. It was used (barely). Not sure I’d want to pay their current retail. The Dan Wesson would probably be a better buy. Those who have them seem to like them.

Didn’t CZ end up with Dan Wesson? And Colt and a few others. And that’s not a bad thing. The CZ folks seem to be gun people more than just “bean counters”.

DF

Re: CZ Folks

I'm a member of a private range (owned by Hogdon) outside of KC, and the CZ folks are there shooting all the time. I've seen 'em pull up with warranty repair orders to test fire and seen 'em there sighting in their rifles for deer season. So at least the KC CZ team are "gun people."

I shot some indoor pistol matches at that range back in the late '80s, darned nice place and danged nice folks running it back then (I have no idea about it nowadays). It's in Overland Park, IIRC, and Hodgdon's used to have a double-wide trailer in the parking lot that they used for offices. I met Bruce Hodgdon himself there one time. He directed his secretary to get me some 10mm data when it was "brand new". Heckuva nice guy.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.