Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
As I have predicted several times in threads like this, the future of long distance electrics lies in "filling stations" where the battery is replaced by robots. It would resemble oil change places. You'd pull in and park over the robot, which would remove the battery from under your vehicle and replace it with a fully-charged one. You'd be billed for the difference in charge state ( a "half tank" of juice versus an empty, etc) and you'd be gone in a few minutes. To facilitate this, there'd be only two or three standardized battery sizes, and vehicles would be designed to facilitate the process. The exchanged ones would be charged at the station and stored for their next use.

You'd only plug in when at home or in town.

Thats fine in the video. Especially since they didn't have to put the credit card in and pay for the swap.

But I heard the other thing. ALWAYS and forever free charges at Tesla station. I doubt the heck out of that but it could be a partial selling point that got my attention.

Now if we get one capable of pulling weight with say a 400 mile range at an affordable price... of course our last 2 vehicles were under 30K used

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....