Hasbeen [/quote]

I think Tesla's warranty on the battery is 10 years. Prius batteries last longer than 10 years. I recently read a story about a guy with a Tesla he bought back in 2015 and he went something like 300,000 miles. Non issue. You run a gasoline that long you would have to rebuild the engine. Batteries are $3000-4000 dollars for replacements from what I read. About the same for a complete engine rebuild. There are now start up companies rebuilding the batteries.
[/quote]

Answer
The price will depend on the labor and parts required, but the most basic Tesla battery replacement usually costs between $13,000 and $14,000. Before paying for the repairs out of pocket, it’s worth checking to see if you have a warranty or insurance coverage to help with the cost.
Battery replacement can cost up to $20,000 for the Model S, though it’s unlikely that you’ll need to pay that much. Here’s a breakdown of the costs for a typical battery replacement:
$12,000 to $15,000 for the battery itself
$20 to $200 for other replacement parts, like connectors and wiring
$175 per hour for labor—battery replacement can take anywhere from three to 13 hours
Potential additional labor costs if the repairs are complicated or there are any issues with the replacement

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.