Originally Posted by SDHNTR
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
The name dropping is interesting, but do any of these guys hunt? I need a review from a hunter's perspective. I don't even know (nor care) what PRS is. I want to know if these things are durable and usable in the field. Things like eye relief and eye box, reticle nuances, drop test and shock durability, water/fog proof, resistance to temp extremes, dust and grit resistance, etc. All I can really find on these things are reviews from guys who seldom seem to leave the target range.

Buddy has a 2.5-25x42. He initially mounted it on his NULA 300WinMag, a bit under 8# all-up IIRC. I shot the rifle w/that scope atop shooting 210 ABLR projectiles @ 2950fps. Recoil was "stout". I shot it from 10x up to 25x, from 200yds out to 600yds. I had no trouble finding the image, nor "staying in the image" shooting prone out to 600yds. Nothing came close to touching my brow during recoil. I didn't actually measure eye-relief, but, whatever it is, it's "enough" on a lightweight w/significant and snappy recoil.

The scope now resides atop his 1:7 240Wby NULA and it's a hoot to shoot.

The only feature that might give me pause would be the limited mounting space, especially on a long action, it works on his 2 rifles, but, there's almost 0 room fore/aft to adjust eye relief. On a short action it would bother me less, and if you don't mind a rail, then it's a non-issue altogether.

A picitinny rail solves all mounting issues.

Eyebox has nothing to do with mounting issues.

Never said that. How did you get that out of my post?

Last edited by jwp475; 01/23/22.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first