Originally Posted by FTR_Shooter
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
Originally Posted by dave7mm

I agree here. March scopes are nice but not, in my opinion, optimal for hunting. Schmidt and Bender followed by Swarovski for hunting scopes.

What exactly prevents March scopes from being "optimal for hunting"? Are there specific items or just a general fact-free statement?

Well, I was not trying for a general fact-free statement but it appears I was amiss in saying what was said!

I have had limited opportunity to get my hands on March scopes. I like the quality of them however, they ones I had seen were more of a target style/type scope. What I do see now is that the low power scopes have a small front objective which is not good for early and late time hunting and the higher power scopes are, well pretty darn high. So, 3-24x42, 4.5-28x52, 5-40x56, 4-40x52, and 6-60x56. All the reticles seem pretty busy as well. I have not seen much use for anything near a 24 power scope and certainly nothing higher, in my hunting situations. Not saying they will not work but, it seems like a 4-12x42 is a better choice or a 4-16x50 for my hunting which is shooting at distances than 400 yards. Even my varmint shooting is at distances less than 400. So generally, for me - get a Schmidt and Bender or a Swarovski with a simple reticle. Unless you're shooting a long ways off....but even then I would probably look at Schmidt & Bender PMII.

I do believe that March scopes are of excellent quality, just nothing fitting my needs at this time and that is the only reason I do not own one.

Last edited by Marley7x57; 01/23/22.