Originally Posted by FTR_Shooter
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
So I’m confused by the retailers who say March Scopes are backordered. Is that just their normal order process and a misnomer? So you put one in your cart and buy it and is that what starts the order process? What’s the lead time? Or are you really waiting until one come back in stock before shipping like a traditional backorder? In which case, like some SWFA models on perpetual backorder, I could be waiting forever?

I'm really in the dark about what goes on at various retailers. I would suggest you call them directly and talk to someone at the retailer you select. I have had a number of people tell me they ordered through Don @ longrangesupply.com and they were totally satisfied with the process as Don explained everything and kept them up to date throughout. I have also had people tell me they bought through Eurooptics and they were also very happy.

I do know that March scopes are in high demand for such a small company. They build the riflescopes by hand, on order. The lead time is 2 months for delivery once they get the order. That's at their website.

OK. So the "backorder" is really not a "backorder"? It's really the first stages of the order process? Do I have to pay 100% up front, or put down a deposit like most other things that are "built to order"? Pardon all the questions, it's really just so different from what I'm used to and doesn't instill confidence. When I want a Swaro, or Zeiss or Nightforce, I don't have to kiss $2500 away for months. Does this mean the business is not well capitalized enough to last? Is it a red flag, or an intentional business strategy? I sent Don at long range supply an email last night with these questions. I'll respond back once I hear some answers.