Originally Posted by SDHNTR
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
The name dropping is interesting, but do any of these guys hunt? I need a review from a hunter's perspective. I don't even know (nor care) what PRS is. I want to know if these things are durable and usable in the field. Things like eye relief and eye box, reticle nuances, drop test and shock durability, water/fog proof, resistance to temp extremes, dust and grit resistance, etc. All I can really find on these things are reviews from guys who seldom seem to leave the target range.

I have killed a dozen or so elk, bears, coues... using March scoped rifles. I have been the spotter on 50+ more. Most were with a 5-50 x56 model. Ranges from 200 to 1100 yards. Most on a 7 RUM but quite a few on 708, 270 WSM, 6.5 Cm, and a few others. All 2nd focal plane. Never have seen an issue. None returned for warranty. Formy is the only one I've heard talk smack about them. They apparently don't work on military rifles, only civilian...

Good info. Thanks. But please tell me how you use 50x? Do you use the reticle? At 50x? Wow, isn’t that fov measured in inches, not feet?

Use the power that you want, it's not mandatory to use 50X

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first