Originally Posted by martinstrummer
August 9, 2019

Total shoulder replacement.

I put up my 12 gauge (Rem 870) and .270 (Ruger No.1) away. (fixed actions)
"Heavy Hitters" now are AR15 6.8mm Rem SPC, Remington "Sportsman" 16 gauge and a Mossberg bolt action .410. (semiautos/small caliber)
The Sportsman is okay for a few rounds, but I don't think I'd care to shoot a round of trap or skeet.

Pain:
Pre surgery, I hadn't slept all night for years. Shoulder was bone on bone. Anytime I moved it at night, it woke me up.

Post surgery, FINALLY! Between the anesthesia wearing off and no bones rubbing together, A FULL NIGHT'S SLEEP!

PT was painful...but necessary.

Post PT.
Life is good! 😃
...but I constantly have to remind myself I can't be snatching up cinder blocks, feed sacks, mounted tires, etc.......

Lol yeah, I have already mentally switched from 100 lb feed sacks to 50, I’ll just have to remember to only guide with repaired arm!

I was hoping to get back up to .270/.308 area, but I think I need to get 7mm-08 or 6.5 creed on order and a 350 legend to replace 450 bush. ( at least we have the option).

Originally Posted by UPhiker
I hope for a full recovery! I knew mine was successful when several months after the surgery, a friend asked me how the shoulder was, and I paused, thought about it, and said "I just realized that I haven't even thought about it for awhile". I hope you reach that point. It sounds like you were in about the same level of wear and damage that I was. If you have any rehab questions, ask away...

Thanks, I’m restricted to table slide ms for next two weeks. I made it to the palm on the table today! I remember rehab sucked when I was 18, can’t imagine it’s going to be easier at 50!