Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by tylerw02
That's very hypothetical because I don't have the information necessary to make such decisions. Further, diplomatically, strategic moves are already off the table because of missteps made by the current administration. Ideally, actions like this are cut off before they come to a head.
Good answer. We can't possibly trust the "information" that has been allowed by the governments and media involved.

Based on the information (probably lies) I've heard we would do well to steer clear of any involvement in this war which has little possibility of reaching our shores if we stay neutral. Ukraine at best is a corrupt country engaged in money laundering with our generous foreign aid money. Not saying Mr. Putin is a nice avuncular kind of guy. He isn't. But Russian aversion to having a hostile alliance on its border is understandable.

We have no way of knowing what provoked this Russian incursion and if Putin had a decent side to his story it would be completely suppressed.

What we do know is Putin has invaded a sovereign nation we promised to protect and Russia guaranteed their security. We also know Russia is killing civilians; women and children with their hands bound behind their back---shot in the head. Russia doesn't have the right to have invade anybody that hurts their feels.

Everybody wants to call our media liars on the topic, which our media tends to always push an agenda, the Russian state media line is accepted 100% as truth. I do have friends who are boots on the ground and they can debunk both narratives rather quickly.