Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Thanks guys. I was checking out the ballistics of that little cartridge and it is pretty impressive. I'll have to think it over, but the way I figured it out it's like this:

Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 in excellent condition: $400.00

Rifle $700.00.

Shop owner said he'd sell it to me for $1,100.00 "out the door" total price. That would also include taxes and background check... I realized the rifle is worth more than that, but when I look at a rifle I have to break down the essentials before I buy. Knowing the older Conquests are demanding good money right now I start with the value of the scope first. Then the remainder is what I'm basically paying for the rifle.. One thing I have to add about the scope is that warranty is pretty slick. If anything does happen to the old Conquest, they will most times replace it with a V4. Having experienced that last week with a 4.5-14x44 I sent in. Kudos to Zeiss by the way!!!!

I hope you grab it. It’s like a 30/06 Improved. Same same as the 280 Ackley and 7 SAUM. Case capacity is generally the same or close enough to not matter.

Semper Fi