Originally Posted by beretzs
Yeah, I’d be A-Ok with the 22” barrel myself on that cartridge.

I’d assume it would be a quite handy rifle as well. I’m odd in that rare ducks like that are neat to me. I can almost figure out a place in my brain where that rifle would work excellent for some sorta niche I’ve developed in my head… grin

I’d guess off the top of my head with the right powders you’d be in the 2800+ range pretty easily with 200 PTs or around 2900 or so with the 175 LRXs you’ve got. Pretty good places to be with either bullet.

Yeah, I'm with you on that too buddy. I like rare rifles. This one in particular only being made for 1 year (in the Ruger m77) is appealing. At least that is what I found during a search on this particular rifle. Someone correct me on that if I'm wrong. I also heard the SAUM's feed better than the WSM's because of the different shoulder angle. I know I'd have to glass bed it and work a little magic on the trigger, but the nice thing about these Rugers, is they are quite functional and easy to work on. Triggers don't need to be replaced, just fine tuned and accuracy has always shrank by 1/2 with a good glass bedding job.. I am down to 1 Ruger m77 mk2 in the safe right now and it is chambered in 300wm. The first 300wm I owned. Its also in a laminate stock, so the little rifle would fit in well with it. At one time I was collecting 300 magnum rifles, but didn't even think about the 300 SAUM. Thanks for your input.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA