[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I have to say, I really like this rifle. Yes, it is totally "utilitarian", but it will get the job done. Its reliable and it will shoot better guaranteed. As it is, it would be an elk slaying sob with this load, but I'm hoping after I get the brass sorted out and all sub .003" TIR, it will be much better. Check this out. Before I leave the range I always have to shoot at the 400 yard yote. Pretty easy target really. This was a quick shot with the Ruger. You can tell which one is the Barnes. Its copper colored:

One shot in the neck is where I generally aim on my less precise rifles:
I figure this Barnes would work^^^ Copper Barnes mark of death... Those other guys shooting 7" groups on that yote suck balls. ha ha..

Thanks for watching and good shooting!! Now the shop owner is wanting me to by the Ruger #1 6.5-284 Norma he has in the shop. It's a HB, but I don't have a real good feeling about it. $1,000.00 for a rifle that was only made one year according to him??????

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA