Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I didn't buy it, but am researching it to see what it is worth. Wondering if anyone here has or have seen a Ruger m77 mk2 stainless laminate short action chambered in 300 SAUM. From what I hear, they were only made in 2004 in the Ruger m77 mk2. That could increase value due to its rarity. Rifle is in very good condition with a great bore. I realize the SAUM cartridges are about dead or dying these days. Anyone have any input as to what they are worth? I saw one sell on gunbroker for $1,195.00 and that was a blued walnut model. The one I'm looking at is less than that and also has a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 on top. What say you guys? Thanks.

I think you should by it. Those are great actions unless you want a lightweight. Lightweight it ain't.

I agree buddy. It is a nice cute little package. What caught my eye first was it was a short action Ruger 77 in a laminated wood stock. I could only see the floor plate side facing me while it was in the rack, but knew it was a Ruger 77. I asked to see it and was surprised by its heft. Probably 9.2 pounds all up, by my best guess. While not bad for a 300 magnum, a lot heavier than the Tikka's I've been playing around with lately..

Their laminates are tanks. But if you’re good you can drill a few deep holes in the butt to get rid of some weight if you wanted. If it ain’t checked that was always a nice touch too.

Ok Scotty. This is how it went down today:

Took in some trade bait: Newly purchased Tikka 204 Ruger from last month. I stripped everything good off of it. That would include the $455 B&C stock:
Tikka T3x B&C stock OD green with black spiderwebbing

Mountain tactical bottom metal: $150
Mountain tactical rail: $62
Mountain tactical bolt handle: $75

Total: $742 Just in aftermarket parts I took off of the rifle. I replaced the stock with a T3 stock I had laying around from an old rifle. Keep in mind I took it back to the shop I bought it from last month. I know the guy in there very well and he gives me pretty damn good deals, so I wasn't wanting to screw him or anything. Told him how about $500 for the Tikka. He says how about $550? I say ok, sounds great. He knows I pulled parts off of the 204, but the main one was the stock. I originally paid $750 for the rifle and he also threw in a box of ammo for free. Ammo worth about $40. I also brought in some steel cased 223 55gr FMJ Wolf ammo. 18 boxes that I was never going to use: $9/box. Brought what I owed on the rifle down to $388.00. As I was driving home I thought, damn I have a lot of bullets, I have been buying for the 204, I'm not going to use those so I give the guy a call: Hey, do you want some reloading components for that 204 I just sold you? "Hell yes:, he says, "bring them in". Well, we arrive at $20/box for the bullets. I paid $19/box for them. I also had some primed brass I threw in. That was put towards the rifle at a sum of $220.00. Now I owe $168 on the rifle. I think it worked out very well for a Friday afternoon... Oh, incase you are wondering where all those Mountain Tactical parts and B&C stock went:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I need to take that rifle to the range and put up a clean target!! That sob is jumbled, but that day there were a lot of guys at the range and I didn't want to interrupt shooting by walking down to set up a new target... As for the new Ruger, it's going to take some work. The barreled action shifts in the stock, so it is not glass bedded and someone freefloated the barrel. I imagine the original owner, or whoever did that was getting something like 5" groups. Probably the reason he sold it. Little does that guy know I will work some magic on it and make it a sub moa shooter. The solid black 1/2" rubber butt pad is going to get replaced with a red pachmayr. I imagine what's on there now would feel like getting hit by a 2x4 or a mule. I'm not even going to think twice about putting a better recoil pad on that one.
One of these will work^^^^

I found a die set in town for $44, so I need to find some brass and I'll be ready to rock and roll...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA