Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I didn't buy it, but am researching it to see what it is worth. Wondering if anyone here has or have seen a Ruger m77 mk2 stainless laminate short action chambered in 300 SAUM. From what I hear, they were only made in 2004 in the Ruger m77 mk2. That could increase value due to its rarity. Rifle is in very good condition with a great bore. I realize the SAUM cartridges are about dead or dying these days. Anyone have any input as to what they are worth? I saw one sell on gunbroker for $1,195.00 and that was a blued walnut model. The one I'm looking at is less than that and also has a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 on top. What say you guys? Thanks.

I think you should by it. Those are great actions unless you want a lightweight. Lightweight it ain't.

I agree buddy. It is a nice cute little package. What caught my eye first was it was a short action Ruger 77 in a laminated wood stock. I could only see the floor plate side facing me while it was in the rack, but knew it was a Ruger 77. I asked to see it and was surprised by its heft. Probably 9.2 pounds all up, by my best guess. While not bad for a 300 magnum, a lot heavier than the Tikka's I've been playing around with lately..

Their laminates are tanks. But if you’re good you can drill a few deep holes in the butt to get rid of some weight if you wanted. If it ain’t checked that was always a nice touch too.

Semper Fi