Originally Posted by beretzs
Any pictures of this rig yet BSA?

Just for you Scotty:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I also checked it for function (the reason the dummy rounds were in the picture). Works great. That was before cleaning and polishing the feed ramp and raceways. Now it is even better. I set my die up so there is very minimal shoulder bump. After I fire some off, I'll do a proper check to get a .002" bump or so and it should be fine. All once fired brass that I received from a member here works fine after sizing brass. Looks promising, so far..

Whoever mounted the scope, must have been a short mother fu cker. I will re-do it later after all the other work is done. Glass bedding and stock refinish. I adjusted the trigger down to a very consistent and safe 2 5/8 pounds:

I didn't want to go any lighter because these Ruger m77 mk2 triggers can be sensitive. Kept all the angles, replaced the factory spring and went a little lighter. It is very smooth and crisp now. Should be great, as compared to the 6 pounds it was at when I checked it. Totally factory setting. That is a good sign, actually. The rifle cleaned up real nice. Barrel shows minimal use, but was dirty as heck. Rifling looks great and lands are sharp. I'm still expecting pretty good accuracy after glass bedding and load work up. I have 65 pcs of brass now and am expecting another 50 pcs tomorrow. I wont' be shooting it for a few days though. Giving the finish a little time to cure. Laminate stocks are pretty easy to re-finish, so I chose that route. I believe this is a JRS (John R Sundra) stock from Boyds. Not factory, even though Ruger started using this same style laminate stock. The recoil pad was solid rubber and hard like a car tire, so I replaced it with a red Pachmayr Decelerator. My preference these days. The scope is in like new condition. One of the reasons I bought the rifle:

New recoil pad after some jig work. Not cleaned up, just checked for fit:
That will be much better than the solid rubber pad it had.

The glass is super clear, as one would expect from Zeiss. I guess the rifle was roughly $675, which is not a stellar deal by yesterdays standards, but a good deal these days. I'm thinking I'll be pretty happy with it, as it fits well. We will see how it shoots later this week. I may just sling some cheap azzed FMJ's I pulled from some 1942 30-06 ammo. ha ha... We'll see though... I'll show the bedding work after I get that done. That will be in a few days though. Here are some pics of the red pachmayr and after sading on the stock:

I think it's going to be a pretty good one after work is done... I may also put the new Zeiss V4 4-16 on this rifle. I was trying to decide which rifle that scope would work on well and this one may be it???
This is how it sits for now, until the stock work is done:

Bubba smith out...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA