Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Good shooting BSA.

Thanks buddy. The 22-250 is one of my favorites. I just sold one of my favorite rifles that Ive had for a while. One of my buddies was at the range and testing his new Christensen arms rifles and he was talking about wanting a 22-250. I told him I had one in the car. Telling myself I needed to get rid of a 22-250 since I had just bought the 1 in 8 twist Tikka and really like that rifle. I told him if he wants a good 22-250 that one is it and I'd make him a good deal on it. I told him to shoot it, but don't feel bad if it outshoots his new Christensen. It did and he bought it...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The reason I had it at the range is because I pulled the Zeiss conquest off and sent it in so they could fix the factory blemish. Now that scope is at Zeiss and they say the scope they were going to replace it with is on "backorder", so I put an old Burris ffII 3-9x40 on it for now and set it up for hunting yotes. I'm sure they will make it right eventually. The Steven's 200 above is just one rifle I have fine tuned. Has a Timney trigger in it and a new Savage trophy hunter stock that I glass bedded. Like I told my friend, that rifle will outshoot 99% of rifles that guys will bring to this range in town...

Here's a good load I found that works well in 4 different 22-250 rifles. 3 of mine and 1 of my friends:

Sorry, theres 5 shots in there from one of my 6.5 creedmoors, but you get the idea... Even though this is a 22-250 thread. I later sold that Sako A7 to a guy in Alaska. Don't know if he is retarted or what, but when I sold it, I posted targets and said the rifle shot extremely well. He later sent me a picture of a single 3 shot group and says, "Lawrence, I don't know why you sold this rifle?, it shoots great." Well fu cking DUH!!! I don't sell schidt!! Some guys man...

The bullet shot in this target was a 50gr Vmax.
This was when the rifle wore a Weaver 4-16 when I first got the rifle. ^^^ Same load of 35.5 gr of H4895 with a 50gr Vmax. That is a very consistent shooting load.

That has been one of my favorite bullets in my 22-250 rifles. Also like I said, one of my buddies rifles I load for as well. My Tikka Varmint likes 1/2 grain more powder and a slightly longer OAL that puts the bullet .020" off the lands on that rifle:
I know this, if I'm loading that 50gr Vmax, I'm going to load it .020" off and find OCW. Good thing I just bought 540 50gr Vmax from a buddy that owns a shop outside of Reno for $50. They were loose and he didn't know the exact amount in the box. I took them home and counted and weighed every one of them. 540 bullets!!! Not a bad deal. ha ha.. Less than $10/100..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA