The actual distance by laser is 108 yards. 108 x 36 = 3,888 inches. Arctan(.65/3,888) = angle. I use a spreadsheet that answers this in Radians. Convert radians to degrees. (360 degrees = 2 PI radians). Multiply degrees by 60 to get MOA.

(PI is very close to 355/113)

The nice thing about having this formula on a spreadsheet is I can substitute the yardage by actual measured yards. For instance I have a stand up bench at 54 yards from the target, so I put 54 in the column that has yards and the answer is automatically in MOA. So if the measured group is .325 the MOA the spreadsheet will give the same answer as .65 at 108 yards.

My eyesight isn’t as good as it once was, therefore I shoot my iron-sighted rifles and revolvers at the stand up bench. I built this bench for heavy kicking rifles. But I don’t shoot them as much as I used too. Comes in handy for the irons.

I use an AP on my phone that calculates drop, windage, and velocity for whatever distance I want and it will give every 50 yards as default. Alternatively it will show the answer in a graph.

Last edited by Bugger; 07/08/22.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally