Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
IF the US Govt "re-instates" The Draft, here is who "I think" should be first on the list:

ANY eligible Descendants of those who Dodged the Draft back in the day. Start with those that Jimmy Carter 'so called pardoned" and the ones who bragged about dodging the draft i.e Bruce Springsteen and his ilk. Male or female, send them their letter and put them in jail if they don't comply. Yeah, I'm just thinking pout loud as we all know how far that will get in Congress! lol

A goodly number of OK folks "dodged" the draft, Student Exemptions and such, near the end of the Vietnam war. It was pretty evident the last couple of years of that deal that the politicians had no intention of letting the military do their job and win the conflict.

I guess you would have the Gooberment conscript folks and have them blindly follow orders that might lead to their demise, or that of their comrades in arms, for no reason other than political ideologies that don't necessarily mesh with the majority of the Citizenry?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?