Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by rlott
I work in retail part time and I see maybe 10 out of 100 men under 35 who would even get through the medical and/or weight screening at MEPS. And that's a generous estimate on a good day. Men over 35? Train wreck.

We're basically screwed at this point.

Nothing new. US Army reports about the condition of recruits for WW II and Korea were so alarmingly poor that Eisenhower created The President's Council on Physical fitness in order to get America's youth in shape because they moved off the farm. Focused on nutrition and physical fitness. Remember "Pullups, pushups, jump rope?"

None of it's original recommendations can be found in public schools today. Too busy teaching "Charlotte has two Mommies".

Other issue has been lack of Phys Ed instructors in school. Then the fact you can't make kids run and sweat. Every female from Middle School age on has the cop out "I can't, I'm on my period".

Can't make kids shower and return to class in the US. Then you'd have the gender thing. How many high school aged boys would "identify" as female to go shower with the girls?

Mom and Dad in suburbia chauffeur kids to and from school and all other activities. No more of this ride your bike to school. Here, kids would be road kill.

Sad.
I remember all of that Presidential Fitness. It was like middle school olympics. But compulsory

That 600 yard dash was a mfker 🤣🤣

Uggggh, bad morning to have eaten that Steak Umm sammich