Continued:

After a long few day's of driving in bad weather we made it home, took a couple of day's to get organized, off to Denver, my Uncle lived in Castle Rock, so i went there to spend a couple day's with him and aunt Jeanie, I reported to the Draft office at 9:00 am on Valentines Day Feb.14 th 1959 at 11:00 pm i was in Ft Ord California, in the Army talk about culture shock! This was in the day's people were starting to talk about civil rights and equal rights, but Sargent's could still kick you in the ass if they though needed it, after 8 weeks in Ft Ord, basic training, the Army in their infinite wisdom decided I needed to be a M.P. Back then you couldn't pick you MOS, off i went to Ft. Gordon Ga. to become a Military Cop, by the way Miles Patton, went to signal school at Ft Gordon, While in Ft. Gordon, as a Pvt. making $ 52.00 a month, a guy came and told us we could make $ 55.00 more a month if we volunteered for Airborne, sounded good to me, off I went to Ft. Campbell, Kentucky, where i learned to fall from the sky just like bird Schitt, While i was in jump school here came a guy with a real cute uniform that said if we volunteered, Beware of the word! for Ranger School and made it we would get another $ 65.00 a month, Hell I was going to be rich before to long, off i went to Ft. Bragg N.C.to become a Ranger.---- Duty calls, to be Cont: Rio7