I spent several years looking for the "perfect carry gun." For a time, I carried a Sig P238, but micro 9's were just starting to become popular, and I decided I want to get away from .380's (the ammo was nearly double that of 9mm, and I wanted the more powerful cartridge). I tried various revolvers and automatics. I tried all 3 sizes of 1911's. I debated the value of increased ammo capacity. I tinkered with various sights. Here are a few guns that I tried:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I don't have all of them in a single picture, because they came and went at different times. In the end, I decided that I wanted the most rounds I could get of 9mm. I finally settled on a G19. I had a few in different colors. I carried one daily, either IWB or OWB, as clothing allowed.

After Sig got the bugs worked out of the P365 I bought one. However, I didn't keep it long, as I decided to get on board the red dot crowd. I had a G19 gen 5 MOS for a time, but the grip of the P365 fit my hand so much better. I replaced my standard P365 with the P365 XL. I am not even a fan of the Sig company, because of how they beta test on consumers, but I can't cuss the P365 XL. It is perfect for my needs.

I still like Glock 19's (and the Glock 45). I plan to get one milled for a red dot soon. But...I still plan to carry the P365 XL whenever I want to carry a smaller gun--which is often.

That's my two cents--I often get change back.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.