Picked up the P365X this morning, and am as happy with it as I've ever been with a new handgun.

I only have 50 rounds through it so far. It came with 2X12 round mags and I did 13 and 12 twice.The shop I bought it from is in the opposite direction from home as the range I usually use. But one of the wife's nephews lives on a rural property almost on the way home from the shop. He maintains a dirtpile for casual shooting, and he met me there and popped a few caps himself. He brought his grandpa's Colt Woodsman out and I know how well the kids shoots it. I was prepared to eat humble pie, if I didn't shoot well.

I shot 13, 12, and 13 at a steel plate and it was a regular noisemaker. I was shooting federal 115 fmj. For my last mag the kid brought out a piece of scrap sheetrock and scorched a black circle on it with a propane torch. The black circle was about 3" across, and all 12 would have been in the black, except I was centered on the bottom edge with half the group hanging there in the white.

Brain dead move, but I left home with only the fmj ammo. I know 50 rounds isn't much of a trial for a carry pistol, but if I coulda proved a couple of mags loaded with carry ammo, i'da probably put it in my belt and carried it.

The nephew did shoot a couple of mags out of the Sig. He did about as well as I did, considering he seldom shoots centerfire or striker fired. Young eyes and hands are great things.

"Chances Will Be Taken"