Hard to argue against a Glock 19. Uber reliable and easy to shoot well. And I’ve still got the original one I purchased many many years ago.

That being said, I mostly carry my Sig P365 nowadays for ease of concealment. Like Gunner500 mentioned, I carry a couple of spare 15 round mags in my back pocket. Only difference is I carry the gun with the factory 12 round mag in it, so that gives me 13 rounds, initially, and 30 rounds of backup ammo.

And if I carry a bigger gun, say the size of the Glock 19, I usually opt for my Glock 32 in 357 Sig. Same exact size and frame as the Model 19, except with the ballistics of a 357 Magnum round. Or a full sized 1911 in 45 acp. Just depends on whether I’m going to town, or working around the Ranch. Don’t feel the need for the extra rounds at the Ranch, as the “bad guy” will most likely be a feral hog, a coyote, or a rattlesnake.
And if I’m working at the Ranch, there’s always a AR-15 and a 12 ga pump mounted on the Ranger or in the truck real close by.
I use my Glock 19 mostly for plinking nowadays.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 08/10/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~