Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by johnw
As to talisman guns, almost every case of self defense I hear of, where I here anything about the weapon used, involves them. I think Mackay is wrong on that point. Guys choose to carry what they are able to, in order to give themselves a chance to influence what happens around them when things turn [bleep].

Been that way forever...

Well put.

Mackay is a cop and has a Cop's mindset. But Cop's are about 2 per thousand population, or 0.2%. Everyone else is not a cop and has to go about the world NOT A COP.

Just my opinion of course.

Wrong.

DLA,

Don't assume to know my mindset as obviously you are wrong. I retired from LE some time ago. Your standard schtick has always been when you have been talking out of your butt about things you literally have no experience in and are just guessing about is to say "But but I am not in the cop business, or your a cop, and to make other remarks" That has been your standard reply for years if you don't agree with something in order to discredit. I find this pretty ironic since you now say you worked as a jailer for a decade.

Since a jailer is an entry level position and you never managed to promote out of the jail and onto the road as a patrol deputy, despite being there 10 years, this would explain your vitriolic and nasty attitude toward the LE here. If you behaved anything like you do here, at the jail it is no wonder they refused to let you promote and did not want you on the road.

The screw ups and people with poor dispositions are usually put in the jail if they have not done enough to be fired (yet). The fact that you spent 10 years in an entry level position is absolutely no surprise.

That said, my comments had literally NOTHING to do with police work crazy. The topic was lawful concealed carry choices. With that in mind, the Glock 19 is the one gun that can always be looked at as never a bad choice. Plain and simple. There is a reason it has been sold by the literal millions and remains incredibly popular. It is a gold standard. There are some that may be smaller or larger, and serve some specific role better, but few can do so many roles as adequately as a general purpose piece like the G19.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com