Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I like the Glock 19x. I have giant sized hands somewhere between a 2x-3x glove size. I can shoot a smaller framed pistol about as well but really like a full size grip that I can wrap all of my fingers around.
I don't really understand the 19X. What's the advantage vs the Glock 17?
Only that it shaves an inch or so off of the slide length which is especially nice for appendix carry, it make a noticeable difference. It’s still a bigger gun but as someone that likes a full size frame to get my hand around it’s the best compromise between getting a full grip and still making it as compact as possible.

It’s probably mostly just an individual preference thing.
I see what you mean. For Appendix Carry, it makes sense.

I bought one when they first came out. To me, it didn’t balance and point as well as my 19 or my 32, which of course, is the same size as the 19. Shot it a while, then sent it on down the road. And I kept my 19 and 32, of course.
If I ever feel the need to carry a bigger Glock, my Model 20 is my go to.
I can see where the 19 balances a bit better but I hate having my pinky finger dangling in space. Practically speaking it may not matter much but it feels like a big pocket pistol. I like how the 19x fits my hand so I’m okay with a little more frame size. It all comes down to individual perceptions.

The best pure pointing pistol that I own for me is the Beretta 92f. The grips a little short and it’s to chunky but it seems to always point right where I’m looking despite not shooting it often.

I like 1911’s but the single stack frames feel a little bit to thin.

A lot of people rave about CZ pistols. I have full and compact models I like them a lot but they don’t fit my hand as well as the full-size Glock 9mm frames. I have a few FN’s and really like the FNX 45 tactical and 509 tactical grip frames. They’re my favorites next to the Glocks.

First world problems 😂