I like how the G19 can be described as "micro 9" in one conversation and "full size" in another. Not knocking the opinions of those that know way more than me, just humorous. And it shows what a sweet spot Glock hit with the 19 (in case anyone wasn't aware smile ).

Anyway, I'll throw in my plug for the Hellcat. I got talked into shooting a pistol league this summer, and of course I missed a couple weeks that there was no way to make up. The solution was to re-run beginners league while also doing the "regular" league this fall. So, to make things more fun I have been shooting the hellcat in the beginners league and then I walk over and shoot regular league with my xdm. That is a long intro just to say, shooting the hellcat in competition has been a great learning experience. I think the only failures I've seen were caused by me, but I can't say that I spend a lot of time analyzing that while the timer is running. I liked the sights initially, and after running them for a while, I like them even more. There are certainly more precise sights out there, but for the purpose of this gun, they work great. Very easy to hit with and quick. I try to start with the 11 round mags and then switch to 13's on the first reload as that's how I carry. Still haven't grabbed any 15 rounders, but I need to. I'm not as fast with the hellcat as I am with the xdm, but it is way closer than I would have guessed.

I have handled the 365 and the 365XL, and I get the appeal. I think the trigger is better than the hellcat trigger. That said, I've tried to like a Sig several times in the past, and with a couple of exceptions, it just hasn't worked out.

Also, to the extent that I can, I have attempted to standardize on the "regular use" handgun front. So, for me that meant XDM 9 for the range, xdm 10 for packing in the woods, and the hellcat for concealed carry. My thought is that any time I manage to get for practice/play applies as closely as possible to what you carry. Not that a guy couldn't do the same with any other manufacturer, that's just where I ended up.