Ever read "The Ransom of Red Chief"? That was us when we were kids. I'd leave the house early on my bike with my fishing pole and my best friend and we'd would be gone all day. Our parent's never knew where we were. If we'd been captured by some bad ass he'd probably have turned us over to the cops for protection. We weren't really bad but we got in to just about everything. We made guns out of 1/2" pipe with a nipple and a hole drilled in the back. Put a black cat firecracker or three in there, some wadding and a rock or two and terrorize the neighborhood cats. We dug an underground clubhouse and covered the top with plywood we found and dirt over that. Tree house and hiked for miles in pasture land. Saw a cow give birth. Built a ramp in a vacant lot to get our bikes air born. Rex borrowed the kid across the street's Schwinn bike, we'd never saw one, to go up on the ramp and when he went up the front wheel came off burying the forks in the ground. Thought he'd died right there but he came up pretty mad. The neighbor kid was pissed too. Just goofy kid stuff. I don't think kids do that stuff today.