Mine would have to be a Remington Sportsman 58 my Grandpappy bought me in 1959 when I was 7 years old. Still got it, she's a 20 gauge, have taken many a bird with that shotgun and it's taken some doing to keep her running at times with the leather gas seals and the funky double gas ports that criss cross in the forearm rings. The 58 was the forerunner to the 1100 ... beautiful shotguns you just have to know how to keep them cycling, and I do.

Originally Posted by OGB
My old Ithica 37, 20ga. It was old when I got it at 12yo. The belly of the receiver and rear of the magazine have been worn peuter by my hand. I'm strangely proud of that. Took a squirrel with it last January just to take it for a walk. First in a long time.

That would be my second favorite. It is a 1941 Featherlite in 20 and it was my Grandpappy's favorite shotgun. I used-to feel sorry for Dove and Partridge when he was out there with that thing ... or rabbits or squirrels. It has the slam fire mechanism where, as long as you hold the trigger down while full stroking, she'll keep poppin-em-off. I have several M37s now but I've sold most of my collection off.

Originally Posted by Timbermaster
I still have my first gun, a Marlin 336 30-30 I got when I was 8.

Killed my first buck at 8 with a 336 in 30-30 and I've still got that rifle.

Threads like this one are awesome.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.