earlybrd;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the week was kind to you and all who you care about are healthy.

Thanks for the interesting thread and thanks of course as well to the folks who've shared their favorites.

For me if I had to pick one, it'd be this rifle, made by the factory that now makes Savage rimfires, but back then was known as Lakefield Mossberg and it's MK II. Dad traded my CZ Brno made Slavia pellet gun and some cash for it so I'd have something bigger to keep the gopher and pest population down around the farm. I want to say I've had that one 50 years now if my math is right.

Over the years it's been modified several times by me, so the walnut fore end tip and grip cap as well as the bobbed barrel and different front sight are my interpretation of what I wanted then.

[Linked Image]

The coyote carving was my sole attempt at stock carving as far as I can remember too, but it's appropriate however as I want to say that thing has accounted for something like 7 yard coyotes here in BC over the years.

If we got to pick another one, it'd be another Lakefield Mossberg - again made up on this sided of the medicine line, this one a 500 pump gun which I bought with my own money about 3 years after Dad gifted the Mk II to me. It's the top one in the photo, but it's been so reliable that when I was putting together a tenting shoo bear device for our eldest daughter, I built hers on another Lakefield Mossberg - that's the bottom one.

[Linked Image]

Thanks for the thread again and thanks to all who've posted.

All the best to one and all as we near hunting season.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"