Originally Posted by ElkSnort
Jim, how about the 130 or 150 ttsx out of your 30-06?

I have a 130 TTSX load for my 308. 47 gr H4895 nets me 3070 and sub-MOA with the 130. It shoots fairly flat but runs out steam fairly quick and drifts a bit in the wind. There's a pic floating around on the interweb of a whitetail shot with a 130 TTSX launched from a 30-06. Shot was straight away, bullet entered in the ham and exited through the nose. I don't recall the velocity but would suspect 3300ish. Ive not shot anything with a 130 TTSX or the 150 etip yet, mainly because I just tried them. By the end of hunting season I should know more.

I've grown to like the 308. I kind of backed into it about 10 years ago but a Kimber MT with an SHV riding on top is a solid platform for alot of NA. Especially when you're backpacking or going deep. Mine is short, light, handy, and accurate.

The other option I'd consider is a plain Jane 270 shooting the 129 LRX. I did load development for my buddies 270 last year and it's fairly tame as well, and shoots flat. My next MT will very likely be a 270. If they ever make them again......

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.