RickT300; although I am not the person you addressed your question to I will step i with my perspective.

I recall when I had long black hair that .400 plus BC was a "big number". Although the .25-06 and .270 are rather archaic cartridges, for those of us who do not shoot game beyond 350 or 400 yards and do not shoot steel, paper or water jugs beyond 500 yards they do just fine. As ranges increase, most especially when shooting in wind BC matters more and more.

But as you have pondered, inside of 350 yards high BC has less import. I would say that from 350 yards and closer that familiarity with your firearm and frequent practice trumps high BC. Although familiarity, practice and high BC would be truly awesome. smile

But then I tend to shoot archaic things like; .270, 8x57, 9.3x62, .375 H&H, .303 Brit, occasionally .30-06, along with "super modern" cartridges like the .7-08 and .243, .325 WSM and my god this thing called a 6.5 PRC. But if I do my part things die and die well.

I think the single most important thing is that we understand the limitations of our equipment and ourselves and stick within those limitations.

Just my humble opinion, and I hope you and yours have a wonderful weekend. And best regards to all y'all who read this post. smile