Originally Posted by comerade
My 25/06 story is a memorable one, and still have the rifle. The year was 1969( or 70) , a model 700 and my Uncle.
I was 11 or 12 and I read the Remington was chambering the 700 rifle in the 25/06 . It had been a wildcat up until that time. ( must of been O.L or S.A.)
My Uncle at that time was my hero, a nuts and bolts hunter , shooter and Handloader and I was so lucky he brought me into his world- just thrilled.
I took the magazine to him, and he honored me by reading it but I expected no more. I certainly didn't really believe he would be interested, he seemed larger than life to me.
Well, he bought the rifle and all the associated do dads to give it a go. War surplus powders, a variety of projectiles and brass( all with 30/06 headstamp/ Dominion), dies etc. Just like any confirmed gun nut of the time.
Eventually, I inherited this rifle.

I used this rifle, his data and Nosler 120 gr Partitions on sheep , goats, Deer, bull moose and bull elk , because of him (after he was gone )....as I aged it seemed a little bit too long and heavy to carry up the slopes.
I always thought I would really like the 25/06 in a single shot, keeping a long tube etc.
I would love to see the article that caused me to go to him about this. My guess it was 1969.
Enjoy your Sunday, folks
That,

Is cool.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN