The vast majority of game is killed at 400 yds or less.

There is a real world advantage in a fast and flat shooting round in that scenario.

For example the majority of time a person does not have time to range and animal, meter the wind, check range card, dial up range, find a uber steady rest etc...

In the real world decision need to be made pretty quick. This is where a fast and flat cartridge's pays dividends.

The 25-06 does a pretty good job here.

Say for example you load a 100gr Ballistic tip to 3300 fps , sight in 2.5" high at 100 yds you will be 11" low at 400 yds with 12" of 10 mph wind drift. Holding just over the back of the animal is simple and works well.

Now take Sticks 6mm Creed with a 108 Hornady ELD match bullet at 2950 fps and at 400yds you have 15" of drop and 10" of wind deflection.

So you gain a little on the wind but lose on the drop.

Now beyond 400yds the little Creed walks away from the 25-06 in all categories.....

Is the Creed a better mouse trap? I would say yes in a minority of scenarios.... as for less blast and recoil... I call bullshit, 6mm's have a nasty muzzle bark and I have never been hurt by the recoil of a 25-06, hell when shooting game I never even feel it.

This has been hashed out a hundred times here and elsewhere... and Stick will be along shortly to call me a drooling dumbfhuck.... but I don't take the ranting of a mentally ill person seriously.....

Hunt with what you enjoy and have confidence in!!!! this is suppose to be fun, not an ego driven competition

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.