My 25/06 story is a memorable one, and still have the rifle. The year was 1969( or 70) , a model 700 and my Uncle.
I was 11 or 12 and I read the Remington was chambering the 700 rifle in the 25/06 . It had been a wildcat up until that time. ( must of been O.L or S.A.)
My Uncle at that time was my hero, a nuts and bolts hunter , shooter and Handloader and I was so lucky he brought me into his world- just thrilled.
I took the magazine to him, and he honored me by reading it but I expected no more. I certainly didn't really believe he would be interested, he seemed larger than life to me.
Well, he bought the rifle and all the associated do dads to give it a go. War surplus powders, a variety of projectiles and brass( all with 30/06 headstamp/ Dominion), dies etc. Just like any confirmed gun nut of the time.
Eventually, I inherited this rifle.

I used this rifle, his data and Nosler 120 gr Partitions on sheep , goats, Deer, bull moose and bull elk , because of him (after he was gone )....as I aged it seemed a little bit too long and heavy to carry up the slopes.
I always thought I would really like the 25/06 in a single shot, keeping a long tube etc.
I would love to see the article that caused me to go to him about this. My guess it was 1969.
Enjoy your Sunday, folks