Going by the accounts presented here...................I've not really done anything hard.

Dad was sick for quite awhile, knew he was going and I was in another state when he finally went.

Mom was in a care facility for dementia for 8 years or more. Again, I was in another state when she passed.

Knowing the sight in one eye will never be anywhere near as good as before is tough, but I've still got the one good one and DMV gave me back the 5 year license as the eyesight has stabilized at a point good enough I no longer have to get tested every two years. Difficult to deal with as I used to have great eyesight.

surgeries for me and my wife..................we're old.............not unexpected.

Jobs or hobbies that just required putting one's head down and keep on keeping on? Just the way I was raised, difficult but not "hard"?

dealing with pets etc dying or needing end of life shots? No fun at all, but one must go on, even with a couple of special ones.

Not sure how I'm going to deal with it should my wife of many years go before I do.

Most days are good, some just OK, some not so much fun.

Probably haven't had the "hardest" thing I've ever done yet.

PS, pushing my way out of an overturned car in the creek, walking downstream and climbing out over boulders and blackberry vines barefooted, going to the hospital and getting scanned and checked, having to call the wife and all that really wasn't all that hard. Just another day in Genoland.

Last edited by Valsdad; 09/21/22.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?