Originally Posted by Geno67
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
I was just looking at the radar and I swear it looks to be going much more eastward than the tracks are predicting. I’m from Key West and that’s really bad news for my family that still lives there. If it goes ashore further south and travels more easterly it will save many billions of dollars in damages. Naples to Fort Myers is a relatively thin strip of development and then the Everglades. If it hits there and goes northeast it will hit a much less populated area all the way across Florida.

I would guess more eastward and south. Naples, Fort Myers are most likely in the crosshairs at this time.

It is now outperforming the models again and rapidly intensifying (with nothing in front of it to cause weakening). I would not be surprised if it becomes a C5 but I kind of doubt it will make it as it has to do so before landfall. I don't see much weakening before landfall either unfortunately. A serious cat 4 is most likely going to happen before midnight.
If it goes ashore Naples to Fort Myers as a high cat 4 as big as it is it will push an incredible storm surge across a wide area and basically scub those communities off the map. If you know the area they’re screwed ! Shallow approach to pile the water up on and thousands of miles of waterways pointed just about perfect to channel the surge inland. It will be horrible ! You know there will be thousands of Yankees who think they’re a long way from water and have nothing to worry about who’s house will be completely submerged.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !