Originally Posted by Geno67
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
It looks to me like the eye is going straight up Charlotte Harbor and slamming Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda. The storm surge will funnel up the inlet and drown the cities. Pry Ian doesn’t reorganize before it starts to drag against the land. If it doesn’t reorganize it will stay a cat 3 but if it reorganizes and strengthens again it will be much worse. The difference between a 105mph hurricane and a 130mph hurricane is a bunch of damage.

HH planes are in it now. Radar is indicating 120. We'll see if the aircraft verify that. Sadly, there's a 4500 CAPE ridge to the SE of Ian that's providing infeed and it (the very high CAPE ridge) is also expanding significantly.

Pretty sure it's going to continue to go farther right than forecast at least for the time being. Current heading is 10 degrees.
I just looked at the infrared satellite imagery and it looks like it has really slowed down and drifted east more. Slower it goes over that hot water the stronger it’s going to be. It’s a big hot monster right now and there’s nothing to weaken it currently. The eye has basically disappeared so it should start to build its new eye wall and get stronger quickly. I wonder how full Okeechobee is ?

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !