"Healed" is the wrong word. "Adjusted" is better. I go when I've put something out of place - and they make it better.

It depends on the Chiro too, and their methodology. Some are of the "snap,crackle,pop" type ( and there are levels here too) - others are more gentle, with given exercises, blocking, etc.. Most have electrical muscle simulation available, which I like at times (in addition to the physical adjustment). Massage before or after the chiro work also helps.

Shop around for what works best for you. If your mis-placements have been out for a good long time, it will take repeats- and you may still have the thing popping back out to it's learned mis-position. My wife has that problem- sometimes before she even gets home.

I was recently "Rolphed" which is much more gentle than the Kelloggs treatment - and it did help a lot (threw my back out, in the Bush, lifting and twisting a heavy sill beam into place while laying on my back under a house). It relieved the pain considerably, got some of the misalignment back in, but not enough. A visit to a Kellogg 10 days later when I got back to town finished it up brown.

Sciatic nerve? I have one of those acting up on the left (clutch) leg. Not much can be done with them except time (a year or more perhaps) after the pinch is relieved. It just "loves" a long haul with my 6 speed standard in the Ram... And that was pinched or pulled 3 years ago, mis-stepping off a curb. It's mostly ok, now, except for much driving, and some other intensive uses ,like all day on a ladder, up and down, balancing.

Some things, tho, just require surgery, like my knee and rotator cuff injuries. Damn- that rotator cuff PT hurt!

Last edited by las; 11/02/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.