Originally Posted by ElAhrairah
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Google "dog flight/survival mode" and you’ll get an idea of what your dealing with...

That article is talking about dogs being afraid of their own owners in such a situation. I have a real hard time imagining that.
Either way, i dont see this guy surviving a week while i slowly lure him closer to my house each day. And he seems very invested on keeping watch at the gravel pit. If i cant gain his trust the next couple days, i want to try to trap him before a lion or something grabs him. I think the clock is ticking for him. At least hes not hungry anymore. Acts like he hasnt eaten in weeks.
Right now there's a local woman who's pug puppy escaped out of her house on Thanksgiving day. She saw the dog in a field by a school the next day, she called the dog's name and it took off running away from her and kept going out of sight. A few days later it was seen in a park by a hospital, got pushed out of that area and appeared at the site of a torn down foundry about two miles from the park a couple of days later. Again she saw the dog on a hill top, called the dog's name and she ran away and out of sight. The area is surrounded by a high fence, theres pools of water in that area that are contaminated with foundry chemicals. People flooded the area trying to find the dog, someone thought they found a garage where they thought the dog was holding up. Do gooders started leaving hamburgers laying around to feed the dog, the owner was working with a professional dog trapper trying to catch her dog. It appears the dog vacated the area to get away from the people trying to find her. She hasn't been seen for three days now.