Originally Posted by ElAhrairah
2 weeks in, i think he was just too worn down to be afraid anymore. Lured him into the big pen with some bear meat and chicken. Then getting him into a transportable crate was a cakewalk. Once captured the pup is a real sweetheart. He was just scared [bleep], and i dont blame him. Wish i could keep him myself but its just not possible. Hes safe now though. Looking for a permanent home for him. Hope all you hardcases that said to shoot him suffer from violent explosive diarrhea over the holidays.

[Linked Image from pic8.co]
God bless you sir. I'm glad the pup is safe now.
Your experience reminded me of our Daisy. . I found her in the woods while coyote hunting in March of 2008. She was nothing but skin and bones and her face and front of her body were full of porcupine quills. We took her back to camp and fed her and started pulling out the quills. I took her to my home and my wife and son pulled out more quills. I put an announcement on the local radio station about her and a guy described her to a tee and showed up that night to claim her. I told him what she looked like when I found her and that we had made an appointment with the vet and he should keep it. He said she had been gone for aout 2 weeks and he could doctor her up himself. Then he went on to tell how his neighbors called Animal Control because they thought he didn't take good care of his dogs.
He said she was just a throw-in on the deal when he got another dog. The previous owner was moving and was going take her out and shoot her the next day if she didn't have a home. After the guy left I told my wife, "If I ever see that dog running loose I'm going to keep her and there won't be any phone calls".
Two months later one of my friends called and said that dog is back at camp, hiding in the pole barn. I drove up, went out back and whistled and she came running out and jumped into the back seat of my truck. We had her for almost 13 years and she was the best friend I ever had. I figured it up one day and realized we had walked over 6,000 miles together, just Daisy and I. All she ever asked for was to be loved.
The last year saw her physical and mental health decline quickly. I knew the day was coming and dreaded it. As usual, Daisy made it easy for us. She just wandered out back, laid down and went to Dog Heaven. I hope she is waiting for me when I get there.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.