Originally Posted by justin10mm
The trash people dump out at the end of gravel roads are usually easy enough to take care of. It's when city people move out in the country to their 5 acre "ranch" and let their mutts roam all over the country side that it becomes a problem. Just the other day I found two that had a hog bayed in a livestock tank chewing it up. I've counted as many as 8 in a pack before. Sometimes they make it back home, sometimes they don't.
Out here the problem was dogs that sort of had a home. Big bad dogs with a heavy infusion of pit bull. They would sleep under trailer houses and were not fed much. As hungry canines will do they reverted to their ancestral ways and would pack up looking for something to kill or scavenge, such as fawns and calves. The minority neighbors lost a lot of dogs that were found roaming and pillaging where they did not belong. My neighboring landowner offed 5 at one sitting when they returned to a calf they had killed. Once I had to retrieve a poorly secured 303 Belleisle conibear type trap that a dog made it home with. He put his head in sideways and was still able to get enough air to die in his own yard.

We haven't had much trouble lately.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."